Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tomato Schmear Poached Eggs

I tried a fantastic recipe of Tomato Schmear from Food52.com comprised of canned tomatoes, olive oil and herbs baked for two hours. This vibrant and flavorful condiment went perfectly with chicken, steak, lentils, beans, and especially white rice. After the 3rd day of enjoying my large container of roasted tomato goodness I had a moment of inspiration: poaching my morning eggs. I have a history of poaching eggs in different liquids so this is not out of the norm, but on this Wednesday morning I created some vibrant huevos!

The process is simple: ladle a heaping spoonful of tomato schmear into a small skillet. Add a small amount of water and muddle it with the schmear over low heat. Crack two or three eggs into the heating mixture and leave it alone for 5 minutes. After cinco minutos take a large spoon and gently flip the yoke over and back into the savory sauce. Three minutes later and the eggs are ready. Remove everything from the skillet into a bowl or onto a plate. Fork or spoon this delectable concoction into your watering mouth and enjoy an easy new way to make a healthy breakfast. Bon appetit!




No comments: