Monday, September 24, 2007

Brains!

First off, I love zombie movies. I could expand that universe to anything dealing with a post-apocalyptic vision because of the limitless ways to visualize and express a world that is out of our realm of reckoning but for purposes of specificity I'll limit to the zombie genre.

Starting with spectacular 28 days later in 1999 zombies have made an unprecedented reemergence into the American consciousness. A slew of zombie genre movies followed with a passable remake of Dawn of the Dead.


Model, cum musician, turned actress Milla Jovovich long ago jumped into the fray with her Resident Evil franchise movies as Alice. The third installment came out this weekend and we found the heroine in her own post-apocalyptic world that has been ravaged by the T-virus which reanimates the dead and turns them into flesh eating zombies.

This weekend the third installment came out. I made it a point to go see this movie on opening weekend because of my affinity for this genre. I wanted to show Hollywood my support in the hopes that they would keep making zombie type movie. Resident Evil: Extinction was pretty good. Not as great as #2, RE: Evolution, but certainly worth the viewing.

No comments: